Call for Participants:
The IATUL SIG-ALICE Coaching Programme invites applications from experienced library managers/leaders to act as coaches to Cambodian library directors/managers for a limited, one-year period beginning in June 2019.
Applications must include a CV and a brief statement addressing why you are interested in serving as a coach and what areas of expertise you would bring to the partnership.
Please send your application to Bethany Wilkes: email@example.com, Chair, SIG-ALICE by 22 April 2019.
About the Programme:
The SIG-ALICE Coaching Programme aims to contribute expertise and support for the further development of library services in emerging countries such as Cambodia, our first focus. Coaching is task-oriented, performance driven and takes place within a defined one year time period.
General objectives for all partnerships:
- Cultivate an engaged group of library leaders in Cambodia
- Provide practical guidance, advice, and support to Cambodian library leaders
- Build networks and a community of practice
- Broaden perceptions of library work for both coaches and partners
- Co-sharing of difficulties and successes in library management
Specific objectives (one to be chosen by Cambodian partner):
- Address a specific need/objective relating to library facilities and spaces
- Address a specific need/objective relating to collections and/or information access
- Address a specific need/objective relating to library advocacy and/or services
- Address a specific need/objective relating to human resources and training needs
Coaches are expected to:
- Focus on their partners’ needs; assist partners in establishing attainable goals
- Set up, and participate in, regular meetings with their partners. Minimum 6 coaching sessions via voice or video meetings.
- Provide 2-5 hours per month collating resources, answering questions outside of meetings, connecting partner to other experts, etc.
- Communicate openly, honestly, and respectfully
- Protect privacy of their partners and respect confidentiality
- Communicate, as soon as possible, with the SIG-ALICE team in case of difficulties
- Try to join the annual conferences of IATUL