The Call for Papers for IATUL 2019 has been extended. The revised deadline for proposals/abstracts is 4 February 2019.
More information and submission process is available here.
IATUL offers an influential and inclusive community of university library directors from around the world. The Annual Conference is a unique opportunity to share views and develop new collaborations. Papers are invited on the following theme:
Shifting Sands and Rising Tides: Leading Libraries through Innovation
Technology has disrupted the role and the identity of the academic library, providing many opportunities and challenges requiring leadership and innovative solutions. These include digital and open sources of knowledge, online tools and services for students, teachers and researchers, and the increasingly important, but changed, role of the library’s physical place on campus.
Proposals should consider:
- Next Generation Information Discovery and Access
- Best Practice in Information and Digital Literacy
- Structures and Skills for Future Work
- Library Spaces for Outstanding Student Experience and Research Excellence
- Pathways to F.A.I.R. (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) Research
- Strategic Advocacy and Partnerships, Locally and Globally
- Value and Impact with Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
Proposals should reflect international perspectives and provide insight into regional issues, with the aim of engaging attendees in networking and relationship/capacity building. A written paper will be required for the conference proceedings, however a range of presentation formats are possible. Poster presentations are also invited. Posters will be in digital format and a template will be provided.