Connections between the Munich Airport and Munich Main Station
From the airport, take the suburban train lines S1 or S8 to Munich Main Station. Trains run every 20 minutes from the airport’s central area, and the trip will last approximately 40 minutes.
Connections between Munich Main Station and TUM
- Take the subway line U2 (north bound, final destination “Feldmoching”).
- Get off at the 2nd stop “Theresienstrasse”.
- Take the escalator to the mezzanine level.
- Leave the subway station with the escalator at the very back on the left side.
- Walk down “Theresienstrasse” in the direction of “Neue Pinakothek”.
- Turn right on “Arcisstrasse”. After a few metres you reach the TUM main entrance.
- Follow the „Mittlerer Ring“ (Munich’s urban motorway).
- Turn into “Leopoldstrasse” (near the junction to the A9 autobahn).
- After „Siegestor“ (victory gate) turn right into “Theresienstrasse” (3rd turning after the gate).
- Follow the street and turn left on the 4th crossing into "Aricsstrasse".
- After a few metres you reach the TUM main entrance across from “Alte Pinakothek”.
Please note: There is no parking space available for guests on the TUM main campus. The surrounding streets belong to a resident parking zone. Therefore we recommend using public transport and the park-and-ride facilities.
The University Library's seminar room (Room 2180 "Großer Besprechungsraum") is located on the second floor of the main building.
How to get there:
- In the entrance hall, please turn left into the ground floor hallway.
- Follow the aisle until you reach the southern staircase.
- From there, take the stairs or the elevators to the seminar room on the 2nd floor.